Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Photo Cred: McKenzie Berghuis

Before



After


  • We both put the emphasis on the plants rather than the gnome in the plant pic
  • We both emphasized the contrast of the color of the living flower vs the dead flower
  • We both focused the emphasis on the water rather than the sky
  • I muted the color of the gnome so it stayed in the background
  • I darkened the highlights on the plants so there wasn't a glare
  • I blurred the background to emphasize the leaves
  • I like that McKenzie kept the lake photo in color 
  • the photo seems more dramatic
  • I liked that I made the living flowers more vibrant
  • it creates a more dramatic contrast between the living flower and the dead flower
  • McKenzie likes more muted and soft photos
  • there seems to be more tension in her muted photos



1 comment:

  1. -Courtney and I both like soft edits of subjects, colors are still vibrant, and the contrasts are still deep
    - Courtney likes to really emphasize color, unfocused and lighten the picture, and a brighten the photo
    - I really liked the flower picture and how she kept the foreground flower matte-like and the background flower extremely bright and pink. The bright pink flower draws the viewer's attention to the photo.
    - What I did better was the gnome picture and how it looks like a painting in some way. I liked the darker colors instead of the brighter ones.
    - They like bright and colorful pieces when it comes to specific objects and black and white when it comes to simple landscapes.

    ReplyDelete